Wednesday, October 8, 2014

CP 3 appeared at about half distance run. Beforehand I had been looking forward to this checkpoint.


The evening Friday, 31.01., In a hotel in Oxford, radiator packed race bag and the bag that would wait for me at the finish line for the second race. It was a little less than 12 hours for me to run the longest distance I've ever run, 50 miles, or 80 km.
The second race was Thames Trot, hosted by Go Beyond Ultra. This race would go along the Thames from Oxford to Henley-On-Thames, that same trail but opposite direction radiator of the Thames Path 100 in May. A few weeks before the race organizers sent out an email - Parts of the trail were under water due to flooding, but they hoped that it would withdraw. The morning before the race I tried to take me a training ride along the Thames and noted that the first part of the trail was completely impassable. The organizers had been out and looked the same as me, in your inbox the following morning there was a new trail map and instructions from the organizer. Where the water was knee trail would be added on. During the afternoon came with rainfall and river continued radiator to rise, so while I packed and presented the outfit set certain organizers in another room in the hotel with maps and markers and drew up the plan C, D and E.
Since everything was packed and ready the night before was all I needed to do in the morning to decide asphalt or Terrain before I went over to the Prince of Wales pub where the start was. While we obtained starting number, timing radiator chip, were given revised trail map and delivered the luggage worked organizer yet feverishly to determine the final route. The start was delayed for 15 minutes while the organizers radiator are running out track guards in the starting route.
The race was supposed to be a cross-country, but because of route restructuring we ran mainly on asphalt along busy roads. In addition, the trail a little short, "only" 45 miles (72km). The first 10 miles-one, everything went very easily, it was a lovely sunny winter day, the pace was comfortable and I got me what I should of food. After 7 miles we passed through a small town and got the day's radiator first glimpse of the Thames. After 8 miles, we passed the first checkpoint. The first 10 miles was covered at 1.31, exactly the pace I had planned radiator to keep.
Unlike me had most of the other runners selected asfaltsko, and I envied them a little, at least until we had run 10.1 miles and the substrate for the first time changed from asphalt to mountain. When I write, I mean mud terrain. Knedyp mud, which in some places radiator was hidden under lårdypt water. As a variation, we got gentle uphill slope on wet grass. In addition, we had surprisingly strong radiator headwind, it can not possibly just have been the gentle breeze that was reported?
My tactic was to constantly have runners in front of me, preferably radiator runners who were literate with map and compass as the course took some navigation. If they had participated before proved to be unimportant, a participant who had been four times before had yet to run the same trail twice, changes due to floods seem to have become a tradition radiator for this race. The first miles-one I had seemingly an infinite number of runners in front of me. As usual, I took over and ran past run after run without really trying, until I was at about 15 miles just had a runner in front of me. She looked at his map and looked unsure out. We stopped. Fortunately, we were quickly overtaken by other runners, radiator and a navigation committee was formed and ran ahead of me and other kartukyndige behind.
At CP2, I found out a bag of rice cakes with Marmite taste I had stuffed in the bag on impulse. I have never tasted them before, but they are definitely a new favorite. It was wonderful with some salt to sweet shot bloks and energy bars, and riska creases also gave some satiety. I was running with the bag in his hand and took two or three rice cakes and some energy drink whenever I felt hunger or need for energy.
After all that running in the soft mud, it was almost a relief to be back on the tarmac, legs felt tired and heavy, but after having passed CP2, we have observed that the roads nor was flood-free. The idyllic country road we ran on was also flooded. First, the waters were to the ankles, then the knees, thighs, and eventually we went our way along a barbed wire fence at the side of the road to avoid falling into the water. After several hundred meters wading in freezing water spilling my feet were completely numb and my legs even heavier radiator than before. The latter was not only a subjective feeling, running with soaking wet shoes and socks is like running with ankle weights.
CP 3 appeared at about half distance run. Beforehand I had been looking forward to this checkpoint. A week before radiator the race I contacted the organizers and pointed out that none of the food at the checkpoints were vegan, and email exchanges ended with that they promised me that all vegans would get a banana at this checkpoint. I took my time, filled water bottle, packed away riska inlet and ate half a Clif bar. A mile after it dawned radiator on me that I had completely forgotten radiator to get my banana, but then there was no way to turn.
In

No comments:

Post a Comment