Thursday, October 9, 2014

When I arrived at the first checkpoint, Walton on Thames, after 11 miles and about 1hr 40 min runni


Possibly there was a lack of belief in their own ability to implement that meant I was able to leave half of the required equipment at home. Sara, who was with that crew, was equally ill-prepared. blind Despite the fact that she would be pacing, and run with me at night, she had neither headlamp or exercise clothes with them. The day before the race was in other words, a shopping marathon.
The race started in Richmond, right on the outskirts of London, and followed the tow path-one along the Thames to Oxford, with the finish at Queens College. Upon arrival to Richmond Old Town Hall on Saturday morning were the runners faced by these two checklist: kit check starting number drop bags briefing run 100 miles (just in case we had forgotten this little detail)
The starting line was surprisingly relaxed blind mood. One reason was perhaps the lovely weather, another that most of us were debutants in the distance, and thus did not know what awaited us. Instead of a start shot all the runners blind started to count down in unison when there was 10 seconds left. It went at a furious pace in front of the box at first, it might seem that most are not only aimed to complete, but taking the course record in the process.
The weather was perfect, sunshine and a gentle breeze. It was comfortable to run with arms, while the track crew and walkers blind dressed in jackets and fleeces. Nettle along the path made sure I was happy that I had only taken me long tights. During tights I had a thoroughly taped knee, since your injury I sustained me during NM 100km a month ago was still quite noticeable. I have the last month gone regularly to the treatment by a physiotherapist, but he managed to find something specific is wrong. Because none of the tests provoked my pain, and because I was determined to break the course if the pain became too intense, I got the green light to the starting line. In order not to leave any stone unturned, a McConnell tape placed on the knee a few days before the race.
When I arrived at the first checkpoint, Walton on Thames, after 11 miles and about 1hr 40 min running, I took me out of the sideboard (cola, fruit and potato chips), and texted Sarah, who was with that crew, "V CP1. Knee ok, a little discomfort. " Perhaps it was the tape that helped, maybe the damage had only gotten better by itself?
Right after I ran forward from the checkpoint was discomfort in the knee pain. I tried to distract myself by focusing on the environment. In some places the trees stood so close along the path that it was like running in a green tunnel, but mostly we saw the river, and ran past contend joy lawns, idyllic bungalows, sailing and rowing clubs, and through small and large cities. With sunshine, cloudy sky and full our idyll was complete.
Sara met me at cp 2 just off Egham, after 22 miles and 3,5t, but because of delayed trains were barely she missed it. When she arrived, hurried, I had already eaten, drunk and hung little. blind Even though my knee was hurting, we agreed that I would try to run on.
The trail varied between hard clay with small pebbles, grass, gravel, concrete, paving and asphalt. Between checkpoint in Walton on Thames (2) and Dorney (3) was the most of the latter hard substrates, which definitely irritated knee. I sent sms to the crew (ie Sarah) that I considered calling me at 14.17. My mood was so bad that I did not even bother blind to take out your mobile and shoot when I met a woman who was walking by 54 beagles.
When we ran through Eton just after it was hot. I had mixed energy drink in the drinking bladder for strong, and were therefore not in me enough fluids. Suddenly, throat quite tight and I was struggling to breathe blind and had several bouts of hyperventilation - probably triggered by the combination of dehydration and stress due to the knee. After stopping and comforting eaten little marzipan I met Richard, who also struggled. The running and chatting with another runner got pain and stress levels down. On cp3 in Dorney, after 30.5 miles, came one of the other runners away with Love Hearts, and noted that despite the fact that I had knee pain so she could not keep up with me. The encouragement helped, and I decided to proceed to the next checkpoint. Sara was not supposed to meet me again until Henley (51 miles), where she was to take on the role of pacing, but I called and asked her to come to cp4 in Cookham.
When I ran on the pain was less, or maybe just easier to hold off because I was only to run 11km to - I thought ... Sara followed, however, the instructions I had given before the race.
Q: How hurt? M: 10.5, but it has been up to 8-9. S: Not bad enough to break, you can continue. M: Yes, but this is no fun. S: You can not expect to run 100 miles should be fun all the time.
At checkpoint 4 I hit well again Andrew, I ran the last part of the Thames Trot with. He bothered no more, and he would break too. I persuaded him to continue along me

No comments:

Post a Comment