Monday, October 20, 2014

First impressions were, as usual with Torqprodukter, good. The bags were marked


There are many reasons to like Torqs sports nutrition products: They support all claims they come with references to research articles. They refer to scientific studies on its packaging. The products are vegan are clearly marked. They test their products to an independent laboratory to ensure that they do not contain anything that is unlawful or on the prohibited list. The fruit of their energy bars are Fairtrade.
It does not, however, the manufacturer is never as ethical or research-based if the product never enters your stomach, something I experienced on the Thames Path 100 where I only managed two sips of energy drink during the 80 + kilometers. At first I thought I had used the wrong dosage, but the problem f&f was simply that both the salt and sweetness was too strong for my palate. Right after this race, I ordered therefore a sample pack of energy drinks from Torq, 12 bags of energy drink powder in six different flavors.
First impressions were, as usual with Torqprodukter, good. The bags were marked "suitable for vegans", and it was easy to see how you would mix the powder. They were also very easy to carry in your backpack f&f running on training rides, and it was just that I did at Pentecost weekend.
Below is my subjective f&f opinion on how they taste and character. As mentioned above, the most important criterion when it comes to such products if you actually manage to get them to you, therefore I considered flavors I tested as pass / fail (pass = empty bottle, fail = returned with a full bottle).
Vanilla: yes, you read right, the energy drink with vanilla flavor. You might think it sounds disgusting out, it did at least I, but it was not actually there. When I mixed the powder I got a clear drink without color. It tasted slightly sweet flavor can be reminiscent of coconut water or sweetened soy milk. It was hot when I run, which usually makes me want to sour things, f&f not sweet, but the bottle of energy drink was soon empty, and I wanted more. Result: empty bottle Passes. f&f
Currants: None of the powders are added color, and they provide all therefore a clear drink. I expected something a la raspberry syrup, but instead f&f tasted the fresh cut, fresh berries. Sara got a taste, and she agreed. Result: empty bottle - passport.
Lemon: When I drank this I began to wonder if this really was an energy drink, it did not taste sweet at all, but Snarr as if someone had pushed f&f a whole fresh lemon up in the water bottle mi. Very good in the summer f&f heat. Result: empty bottle passport.
All the flavors in the drink containing maltodextrin and fructose in a 2: 1 ratio. Research shows the manufacturer has found that this relationship between the two types of sugar means that you can absorb and utilize more carbohydrate during exercise than with a sugar alone. f&f When the two sugars combined body fails to take up 90g of carbohydrate per hour, while previously thought that 60g per hour was the upper limit of what one could benefit from. 0,5 liter Torq energy drink provides 30g of carbohydrate, and it is meant to be combining it with energy bars and / or gels and take Torq 3.2 units per hour (1 unit = 1 gel / 1 bar / 0,5 liter sports drink).
Despite the fact that 0,5 liter of this energy drink provides about 30g of sugar and in addition added 5 different electrolytes (salts), none of the flavors that are very cute, and you can not taste the salt. Thus, they are easy to get into and great thirst quenchers. I will definitely use this drink during ultra races I will run this summer. They were easy to carry and mix out along the track, and I made energy drink of water from streams along the track. Probably I'm going to buy a new sample pack, since these small bags was very handy, f&f and since it may be fine with several different flavors to choose from. From experience I know that I get very bored if I always just get the same taste in 4-5-6-7-8 hours and it tastes good midday when the sun roasts taste not always as good as it gets cool at night. f&f
Torq products can be purchased via Torqs online store. A can of energy drink powder costs from 13.99 for 500g (+ shipping), and a sample pack of 12 doses (6 liters finished drink) costs 17.40 (+ shipping). (You can also buy cans of 1.5 and 3 kg, or 20 sachets in a taste. This becomes cheaper per dose, but at the same time will be over 200 million limit and have to pay duties and taxes if you buy from the UK.) Be prepared little fuss about the payment, Torq sends shipping charge, but this only applies to EU. To get things sent to Norway must pay about 9 pounds extra.
This entry was posted in Nutrition, Products, Sports Nutrition, Vegan on tour and labeled energy drink, carbohydrates, product endorsements, product test, Torq Energy. Bookmark the permalink.
You are commenting f&f using your Google+ account. (Log Out / Change)
Thank you in advance to all who contribute

No comments:

Post a Comment