Sunday, October 19, 2014

The body would not run Ultra Birken. I forced it against its will and we fought each other througho


The body would not run Ultra Birken. I forced it against its will and we fought each other throughout the race. I'm not sure who won. In the days before the race gave the body a clear message that it was not interested in running ultraløp weekend. I tried to ignore the signals and used the time to work and social portable air conditioner activities. portable air conditioner On race day, I had the alarm clock at 3:15. after having been on a nice summer party with the neighbors the night before. I drove to Lillehammer where there was a bus from Hakon hall to start at 06:30. Promoting the starting area I got ready and went into the starting stall where I stood still for 15 minutes and spent all my energy trying to convince the reluctant body that it wants to be nice to run 60 km above lukewarm Mountains, down to Nevelvatnet, over Nysæter anticline down to Reinsvatnet, portable air conditioner over Krik mountain, down to the Middle creek, over Hitfjell and Reinsfjellet, down to Pellestova, over Nevelfjell, down to Nevelvatnet up to lukewarm Mountain again, down to Sjøsætervegen then samløping with the running Regular Birken in the last 15 km to finish in Lillehammer. Although the weather was fantastic gave body again told that it was not interested. Beginning yesterday portable air conditioner - Photo: Birken start was delayed for 15 minutes so that everyone got a chance to use one toilet that was in the starting area for the largest starting field at any Norwegian portable air conditioner ultraløp portable air conditioner so far with nearly 200 participants. The race is short for ultraløp to be and go on trails that are mostly very runnable, so it is suitable for those who will debut ultraløp. portable air conditioner The start was uphill and against Lunke Mountains began after roughly 100 meters. I did everything I could to ignore all the signs your body sends that it simply did not like the course I had begun. When I passed the top of Lunke Mountain body began to function tolerably decent portable air conditioner and feet moved without me having portable air conditioner to force them. Brilliant sun and 360 degree views of the mountains promised well. After 7 km, we came to the first drink station at Nevelvatnet where I took a mug of sports drink and bananbit before I ran ahead of Outer and Inner Nysæter bump fine for light trail running. I found my own pace and began to relax, thinking that the body probably had only sent the wrong signals. I should not have done. The body had just cheated me and planned a cruel revenge. On the way down the slopes of Mount Krik the drink station at Central Pelvic struck suddenly with cramps in his right leg and thigh at the same time. The leg twitched and I hit a rock with the toe, was about to fall forward, regained his balance and then land on his back in the mud, while the spasms ravaged leg. I stood up, danced cramp dance and ran on. I treats' a couple of salt tablets and drank a little extra on the drink station to try to combat the spasms. portable air conditioner Start area at Sjusjøen cross country stadium
Then it went relatively smoothly until the ascent to Hitfellet portable air conditioner began. Here the trail is so steep that most people go. Two hundred meters from the top body went on the attack again. Simultaneous cramps in both legs. If I raised my leg too high to force a stone struck cramps in calves to, while the spasms in the thighs also appeared regularly. At the top I started to run again, which led to fierce cramps in both legs, the back of the knee and the front and back of the thighs. I made a wild spasm dance and body probably thought now was the final victory in sight. I stopped dancing and ran then gently downwards towards Reinsfjellet while I looked at the beautiful view of the mountains to the west, while I pretended that everything was in perfect order. It went relatively smoothly until something småkneiker to the drink station at Pellestova after about 25 km.
By Pellestova stood colleague Kjersti from work and cheered, which made it easier to suppress spasms. I made sure to fill up with sports drink and water that I put salt tablets inside. One of the men who served the drink station yelled regularly at me during the filling of the bottles when I in his opinion held bottles errors during portable air conditioner filling. Then it went steadily upwards towards the top of Nevelfjell, although I knew that there would little to trigger new seizure attacks. As soon as it flattened out on top plateau put staples into it, I guess they assumed was the decisive battle. Both legs were attacked simultaneously in several places and I started a new wild convulsive dance and could barely keep myself upright. I stood for a few moments to stretch out before I managed to move on. On the way down from Nevelfjell I spoke with another runner who had also rode the same trails portable air conditioner on Ultra Birken bike and I showed him where I had a puncture during the race in 2013.
After the descent legs were completely hopeless. I had to stop regularly to stretch a bit of a leg or a thigh when I felt a cramp was coming. Not since the bike birkenhead in 1995, I have been particularly troubled by cramps and wondered why they beat

No comments:

Post a Comment